- Completion of personal Tax Returns, and all necessary correspondence, to ensure full compliance with the Self Assessment system.
- Dealing with all interaction necessary with HMRC on behalf of clients, including, for example, the review of PAYE tax coding notices, and advice regarding national insurance contributions.
- Planning for the mitigation of tax, including, but not limited to, tax planning for married couples/civil partnerships, advice on tax-efficient investments and the maximisation of tax reliefs.
- Advice for the newly self-employed, including managing the necessary registration processes.
- Remuneration planning.
- Payroll advice on domestic employment of staff and calculation of tax and national insurance liabilities.
- Managing disclosure of unreturned income or gains, with a view to the minimisation of penalties.
- Proactive planning advice with regard to the specific tax rules applicable to entertainers, both in the UK and internationally.
- Completion of partnership Tax Returns and corresponding tax calculations.
- Advice on the tax structuring of partnerships, including family partnerships.
- Effective loss relief claims.
Capital Gains Tax
- Calculation of the tax payable on a disposal, both pre- and post- transaction, including advice on the availability of entrepreneurs’ relief.
- Advice on all available reliefs, including loss relief, rollover relief, reinvestment relief, principal private residence relief and gift relief.
- Advice on the transfer of assets between spouses/civil partners, and gifts to charity.
- Advice on the taxation and administration of trusts.
- Completion of trust Tax Returns and relevant tax computations, including 50(FS) forms.
- Advising beneficiaries on the UK tax consequences of both UK and offshore structures.
- UK tax advice to settlors on the establishment of a structure, and the consequences of retention or cessation.
- Advice on the taxation and administration of estates.
- Planning and drafting of Wills, and the review of existing Wills.
- Advising on the effective establishment of UK and offshore trusts.
- Advice on life assurance to cover inheritance tax liabilities.
- Completion of Tax Returns, and relevant tax computations, for estates in administration.
- Specialist expertise in advising non-UK domiciled individuals, including planning for the remittance basis of taxation.
- Full reviews of the tax implications for individuals coming to, and leaving, the UK.
- Advice on the application of the statutory residence test.
- Advice on the use of the Liechtenstein Disclosure Facility and managing the process.
- Tax planning and structuring advice around the ownership of property.
- Registration under the non-resident landlord scheme, and completion of corresponding Tax Returns.
- Advice on the special rules for UK properties held within certain structures, and completion of the relevant “Annual Tax on Enveloped Dwellings” Returns.
- Advising on the structuring for new businesses and exploring the most appropriate planning, including exit strategies.
- Completion of company accounts and advice on reporting obligations.
HMRC Tax Enquiries
- Attending to all types of HMRC enquiries into personal, partnership and trust Tax Returns.
- Liaising with third parties and HMRC as necessary to guide clients through the challenging process, and negotiation of penalties and interest with HMRC as appropriate.